Facebook

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Funding Appeal #1 Sent December 21, 2011

Hi and thanks for all your support so far. I'm putting out my first call for donations to you because we have had a chance to talk about the program I'm trying to put together. I also feel you might be the most willing to be an early supporter of my first fund raising campaign. Your support at this time is really critical because it shows me and the rest of the world that you think making restaurants more environmentally sustainable is a worthwhile endeavor. In the days and weeks ahead I'll be calling on others to join in. When they see that you are on board it will make it easier for them to commit. At this point the amount is not what matters most. It's how many people think it's worth the time to sign up and make a donation. My goal is large but it's all the small contributors that will make the campaign a real success.
 So here's the link... http://peerbackers.com/projects/help-launch-the-sustainable-restaurant-corps

 And once you've donated please let your friends-- virtual and otherwise-- know that this is important to you. I've had so many productive and inspiring meetings these last two months and they've given me a lot of confidence this idea is worth pursuing. Your donation will help me continue to work on making this dream a reality. I need a logo and other branding materials as I move beyond the early and enthusiastic supporters like yourself. I need a web site and database capabilities to do the initial work in my three test restaurants. I also need some equipment and training to make this non-profit business a success. There are more details on what funding for the project will buy on the campaign funding site.

 http://peerbackers.com/projects/help-launch-the-sustainable-restaurant-corps

 The other thing I need is your feedback. What questions do you have based on our conversation-- what you read here and on the campaign site? Also, what questions do you have about the program. I'm in the process of putting together a business plan which I hope to have completed before the campaign ends, but I would like to address any looming, persistant questions on the campaign site and through campaign outreach. Also, if you or anyone you know has items to donate as gifts for contributions I would be most grateful. Any product or service would be welcome and I can discuss this further if you have an interest. This is just the beginning and the process is evolving so I am really grateful you have read this far and I hope I can count on your early support.

  http://peerbackers.com/projects/help-launch-the-sustainable-restaurant-corps

 All the Best,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment